So you finally have decided to float and find it a bit challenging to eliminate all the senses?…When floating, one goal might be to experience our most inner frequency, space, stillness, a state of nothingness which is inclusive of everything. However, if you find yourself becoming anxious, and the voice in your head starts to shout, “This float thing is not for me!”, you may want to try using sound to slowly ease into your experience of floating. The FLOAT Pod has the capacity for you to listen to music from your device. You can choose to listen to your favorite relaxing playlist or listen to a Guided Meditation of your choice.
A couple of necessary steps prior to entering the float pod when using sound during your float.
- Use any of the below recommended Youtube sound bits for meditation. Save all or any of the below web addresses to your favorites on your phone or Ipad.
- Prior to showering, hook up your device to the plug port next to the shelf that holds the towels and make sure the volume control is at a level that is comfortable to you. The volume is controlled by your phone or Ipad device.
- If no sound is noted, push the audio button inside the float pod which is on the left side. You can also use this button for turning the music off at any time during your float.So how does Guided Meditation work?
Guided meditation is when you are guided, by a narrator, to elicit a specific change in your life. You are first guided to relax your body and mind, to help you reach a deep meditative state before going on a journey, in your mind, to reach a specific goal.
As the brain does not distinguish between an imagined event and a real one, the experience you have with a guided meditation is just like having a real experience. This has an amazing effect on your life due to the way the brain works. If you stop to think about the implications of this for a second, you’ll realize that our genes do not determine who we are; it’s the images we create in our minds of ourselves that determine who we are.
We have thousands of programs written into our subconscious mind, and each program will determine how we think, act and behave in any given situation. The trouble is, it’s extremely difficult to change these programs without some type of way to access the subconscious mind to rewrite the programs, and make a new neural pathway that will communicate effectively with the cells and genes in our body. So when listening to a guided meditation, you are literally rewiring your brain to form neural pathways for your future success.
Recommended meditations to save to your favorites on phone or ipad for future listening.
1. Guided Meditation for Releasing Limiting Beliefs and Self-Sabotaging Patterns – Joe Treacy
2. Guided Meditation-Blissful Deep Relaxation
Other noteworthy voiceless music tracks:
- Guided Meditation for Sleep… Floating Amongst the Stars
- 30 Min Deep Sleep Music
I hope this helps you ease into a cocoon of healing and happiness. Don’t hesitate to ask about how you get your choice of audio hooked up prior to your float. We will be happy to get you hooked up.
Namaste, Justin Rockett